Static Block Import/Export – Extension for Magento 2
- Created On: 24th November, 2016
- Last Updated On: 26th September, 2020
- By: Solwin Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please take a backup of your all Magento files and database before installing or updating any extension.
Download the extension file:
- Download the Static Block Import/Export extension .ZIP file from solwininfotech.com using your Solwin Infotech website account.
- Extract the .ZIP file which contains another .ZIP files.
- If you have purchased the extension for the Community Edition, then you will
see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x, Magento 2.3.x, and Magento 2.4.x version.
If you have purchased the extension for the Enterprise Edition, then you will see the extension .ZIP file for Magento 2.1.x, Magento 2.2.x and Magento 2.3.x version.
For Magento 2 Community Edition,
If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-2.1.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x, Magento 2.4.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2.zip file.
For Magento 2 Enterprise Edition,
- If you are using Magento 2.1.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-EE-2.1.x.zip
If you are using Magento 2.2.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-EE-2.2.x.zip file.
If you are using Magento 2.3.x then you need to extract solwin-staticblockimportexport-m2-EE.zip file.
Following 2 to 6 steps are the same for Community and Enterprise edition.
- Copy the app folder and paste it into your magento ROOT directory.
- Run upgrade command as specified : php bin/magento setup:upgrade.
- Run deploy command as specified : php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f.
- Clear the cache either from the admin panel or command line php bin/magento cache:clean.
- Now, you can see the Solwin menu in admin panel. Please go to Solwin -> Static Block Import/Export -> Configuration and select Enable to Yes.
- Change/Set all other options as per your requirements and save settings.
NOTE : Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
A setup guide and general information to help you.
This document covers the installation, set up and use of this extension and provide answers and solutions to common problems and issues. We encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Static Block Import/Export Extension allows you to import and export Magento CMS Static Blocks via CSV format. For example you can transfer existing CMS Static Blocks from a Magento 1 installation and import them directly into new Magento 2 installation. It is also used to update and maintain existing static blocks and can be very useful for medium to large sites that could have hundreds of static blocks. The ability to bulk edit this amount of data in a spreadsheet is the fastest way to manage the data.
You can find these features below:
- Easy to install and use
- Import/Export Static Block with all related data
- Easy to transfer Static Block from an old site to a new site
- Import all static blocks by just one click
- No core file changed
How To Use
At admin side, you can find a menu in 'System -> Data Transfer -> Import/Export Static Blocks'.
When you click on that menu, import/export static blocks panel will be display.
To export static blocks, click on Export Static Blocks button.
For import new static block, select CSV file using Browse button.
Here, an example of excel sheet. We are going to import a new static block named Solwin Block.
Note: the following fields in the CSV is required in Static Block
- title - Block title
- stores - These are the store Ids
- identifier - Block Identifier
- content - Block content
- is_active - Block Status (Enabled(1)/Disabled(0))
On successfully import of new static block, you will get success message.
To see new static blocks, please go to Content -> Elements -> Blocks.